Work with us
Executive Director Finance and StrategyApply
Reporting to the General Manager, the incumbent of this position leads the entirety of the organization’s finance functions accounting, strategy, planning and management of the organization’s financial resources.
Through their leadership, they will embody the direction of finance by focusing on the standardization, modernization and automation of processes to optimize operating costs and the development of financial indicators to support the organization’s operational performance. Together with the General Manager, they will guide the annual budget planning aligned with the long-term strategic objectives of the organization. An inclusive manager, they will ensure the development of human resources in their sector and will be a key player in the pursuit of BIXI’s organizational transformation.
This is a permanent position with a full range of benefits available after 3 months.
Key responsibilities and duties:
Strategic Leadership and Financial Management
- Contributes fully to the development of the company’s strategies in all areas by providing, through data generation, financial analyses to support informed decision-making on all activities, plans, targets and operational factors.
- Develops annual budgets based on key BIXI variables such as ridership, time of use, customer acquisition costs, subscriptions.
- Participates in the monitoring of the BIXI strategic plan and prepares financial forecast scenarios.
- Ensures the implementation of the financial aspects of the business plan.
- Develops reports and performance indicators to monitor operational, financial and marketing aspect.
- Carries out analyses to help manage, control and optimize cost prices.
- Analyses financial results and implements actions to improve the company’s overall financial performance.
- Supervises the accounting and tax management as well as the daily follow-up of the general accounting.
- Oversees the implementation and monitoring of procedures to optimize results and operational and financial efficiency.
- Supervises the finance department and ensures compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensures the follow-up, planning and optimization of the treasury.
- Participates in specific projects aimed at improving financial and accounting monitoring.
- Ensures the integrity of the company’s financial information.
- Has a mobilizing leadership style and manages their team, ensuring a good distribution of responsibilities and priorities;
- Ensures the training, development and improvement of the members of their team.
- Encourages teamwork, initiative, excellence and employee engagement.
- Collaborates with other managers to ensure interdepartmental consistency.
- Develops a symbiotic relationship with the various departments to improve understanding of operating, acquisition, retention and direct customer costs.
- Takes part in the management and audit committees.
- Manages and motivates the team in order to achieve set objectives and implements the action plan required to achieve these objectives.
- Acts as a representative of the company by demonstrating respect for established values.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is intended to be summary and indicative, not a complete and detailed list of duties and responsibilities that may be performed by the person occupying this position.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting sciences, or equivalent.
- Relevant experience of 7 to 10 years in similar positions, including a minimum of 5 years in personnel management.
- CPA accounting designation.
- Excellent business acumen, leadership, strategic and negotiation skills and focus on action and results.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the profession, including the development of operating, cash flow and projection budgets, and the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Strong analytical and strategic financial planning skills (business performance analysis, data analysis, costing analysis).
- Ability to understand strategic issues in order to find appropriate solutions.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and assertive managerial presence.
- Integrity and respect for ethics and values.
- Discretion, diplomacy, ability to maintain harmonious interpersonal relations.
- High degree of efficiency, autonomy and thoroughness.
- Ability to manage unexpected or complex situations.
- Excellent command of MS Office suite (Advanced Excel) and demonstrated ability in the use of technology.
- Excellent command of French and English (oral and written);
- Experience in accounting for the public sector (asset).
Do you have the knowledge and skills it takes? Send your resume. Please note that we will only contact selected candidates.
In the current COVID-19 sanitary context, BIXI Montreal is taking all necessary measures to ensure a safe work environment for its employees.
N.B L’emploi du masculin n’a d’autres fins que celle d’alléger le texte.