Enjoy these cookies on-the-go when you’re rushed in the morning or as a filling afternoon snack. Our version of the breakfast cookie has all the nutritional goodness you need for an energy boost, regardless of the time of day! After all, there’s nothing like dessert in the morning —talk about a great way to wake up! On top of it, you can hold these wonders in just one hand.
Made from oats, bananas and peanut butter conveniently packed in a cookie, these bites of heaven are loaded with nutritional ingredients you can find at a Rachelle-Béry health boutique near you.
Banana and Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies
Yield: 16 breakfast cookies
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 500 mL (2 cups) oats
- 250 mL (1 cup) whole-wheat flour
- 125 mL (½ cup) coarsely chopped unsalted peanuts
- 60 mL (¼ cup) hemp seeds
- 10 mL (2 tsp.) baking powder
- A pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 3 very ripe bananas, crushed with a fork
- 60 mL (¼ cup) honey
- 250 mL (1 cup) natural peanut butter
- 125 mL (½ cup) vanilla flavoured soy beverage
1. Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 180˚C (350˚F) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. In another bowl, use an electric mixer to beat wet ingredients until smooth.
4. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients with a wooden spoon.
5. Scoop dough into 16 cookies using a spoon and place 8 on each baking sheet. Gently flatten cookies with the back of the spoon.
6. Bake one baking sheet at a time for 14 to 16 minutes, or until cookies are lightly golden. Let cookies cool on a rack for a few minutes.
This recipe is courtesy of the team of dieticians at Rachelle-Béry.